WEll, last night/morning, those with a medical degree and very poor listening skills, decided that it would be a genius and helpful thing to get me to do a sleep study. I have numerous reasons why this plan is flawed (oh! I feel like a debater! Colleen’s rubbing off on me! Now I’m gonna present a logical argument that will KICK ass (and logic too probably).
1. The nature of an insomniac is to *gasp* not sleep, which generally means that attaching electrodes all over someone’s head, face, chest, stomach and ankles will not help.
2. Short term memory does actually mean I will periodically forget where I am and why there are electrodes taped all over me, and royally freak out.
3. Strangers coming in my room will also make me royally freak out.
4. I hallucinate. I foresee some problems…
4. I cannot sleep in a room if there are other people awake near me, or in the same room.
5. Spying on someone with sever paranoia and hallucinations is not the best move.
6. As was previously mentioned, I am an insomniac, and telling me to fall asleep within the next two hours, or the last six would have been for nothing, probably won’t help.
As you can imagine, it did not go well. Well no shit Sherlock! It was very uncomfortable and very stressful! I was in for a double sleep study, which would have meant I was supposed to be there for about 24 hours in total, all night and all morning till the afternoon! Fun!! Pulling an all-nighter wouldn’t have been out of the question for me, so we left at like 5 in the morning, and drove the 45 minutes home. So basically I’m pretty tired today. Haahaa!
ravenMarch 15, 2009 at 5:16 pm
What a crazy thing for them to ask you to go through. If you do manage it, I hope they are able to learn something that will help.
(By the way, it’s snowing in Victoria again – now that’s crazy.)Reply
JenniferMarch 19, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Yeah, my guess is that people without sleep difficulties probably don’t sleep oh so well under those circumstances. Sheesh!Reply
LisaMarch 25, 2009 at 1:27 am
well sounds like u had a fan-f#*%ing-tabulous time! at least u don’t have to do it again! now i’m sure ur more than ready to sleep! take a nap and drink some bubble tea for me! it recently snowed in Victoria… i was in Hawaii when it happened, but apparently it was unpleasant!
take care my dear, we need our sunshine to come back! love u!